[Beowulf] Thermals question

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Apr 17 09:48:39 PDT 2008

We're building up a new high thruput cluster.  Anticipate delivery with
nice shiney new racks.  We're anticipating a hot-aisle/cold-aisle
concept.  We also hope to go toward chilled-water cool-doors eventually,
and as we expand the installation.  The racks we're getting are
fully-enclosed.

So:  The question is, do we leave side panels on, or remove them.  The
consideration is, cooling and airflow.

Does anyone A) have real experience you can share, and B) some hard
thermal numbers supporting any suppositions?

Thanks, Gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.862.3982 FAX: 979.862.3983