[Beowulf] User support systems

Geoff Jacobs gdjacobs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:23:29 PDT 2008

The previous post on Windows access tools for clusters got me thinking
-- what is the most efficient means of information delivery for large
cluster installs? I'm interested in finding out, as all my experience is
at the bottom end of the scale (really only a couple of teams).

It seems to me that standard ticket systems as well as email support
systems are going to generate quite a lot of churn. Even the best
prepared online documentation is going to be ignored by a significant
portion of the user base. Are forums and public chat rooms any better in
being able to provide some measure of self or mutual support? Do any
other members have ideas on how best to filter user support issues, or
at least make it easy to respond to the basic inquiries appropriately?

--
Geoffrey D. Jacobs