[Beowulf] I/O bound simulation

Mark Kozikowski mkozikowski at LIO.AACISD.com
Fri Nov 30 05:39:21 PST 2007

Hello all,

I have been reading the list for quite a while and have
gleaned a boat load of information.

Thank you.

Now I am going to ask help for a problem I am having.

I have simulation program that runs on between 5 and 15
nodes. This depends on the desired fidelity of the simulation.

When I approach the higher fidelity levels, the simulation starts
to choke on the quantity of data being processed.

It appears that the system is failing on I/O. Transferring large
amounts of time critical data between process elements.

I a running on a mostly standard Red Hat distro, no special
compiling or running architectures are in place.

Do any of you have suggestions as to how I might start
getting control of this I/O problem?

Thanks for any help.

Mark Kozikowski
Advanced Acoustic Concepts