[Beowulf] Harpertown Numbers

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 15:50:54 PST 2007

From: "Douglas Eadline" <deadline at eadline.org>

> The hardware was two - 2 socket 1U servers, connected with IB
> (16 cores total) with which I tested the Clovertown last year.
> So it makes for a good comparison (pop in new processors) .
Aahh, sure ... you are testing their rack mount stuff after a pop-out/pop in.  I see. Are we talking SDR or DDR Infiniband?  Do the systems have ConnectX technology?  I assume the bandwidth intensive stuff is much improved with Harpertown.  What about the version of MPI ... any changes to that.  Do you compare to Barcelona in fact or indirectly?  Clocks speeds equal?  Bios upgrades?
Maybe I will see you at SC07.
Thanks,
rbw
PS  How is it working with Maria M. ... ;-) ...??
--

"Making predictions is hard, especially about the future."

Niels Bohr

--

Richard Walsh
Thrashing River Consulting--