[Beowulf] 1.2 us IB latency?

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 26 15:54:58 PDT 2007

http://www.hpcwire.com/hpc/1336731.html

well, if the numbers mean what they appear to mean, this is quite
a dramatic breakthrough: 1.2 us, 25M msg/s.  since we just happend to
be talking about "conventional" IB vs Infinipath (1.29 us, 11.3M msg/s).

or is this an example of message aggregation?  heck, from the url
above, it might even be counting intra-box messages.

also, I'm sorta amazed people keep selling (and presumably buying)
dual-port IB cards.  doesn't that get quite expensive, switch-wise?

regards, mark hahn.