[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:35:19 PDT 2007

Beautiful paean to C Bob:-)
I'd just add that some languages, I think Ada and COBOL, are designed in
part to minimize certain classes of programmer errrors. Those languages are
sorta like the safety codes for wiring public places; they prevent the worst
errors, but do not necessarily well enable the Inner Artist.
Most real-time embedded programming is in C, but in lots of applications you
sacrifice efficiency for safety, like weekly payroll accounting.
Peter