[Beowulf] Benchmark between Dell Poweredge 1950 And 1435

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Mar 8 19:07:23 PST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Juan Camilo Hernandez wrote:

> I would like to know what server has the best performance for HPC systems
> between The Dell Poweredge 1950 (Xeon) And 1435SC (Opteron)

If you are fortunate enough to have only a couple of applications you care
about, then get one of each on loan and run them to get some benchmarks.

If not, pick some random applications that you think you might want to run and
get one of each on loan and then run them to get some benchmarks. :-)

Seriously though we've found out from playing with both AMD and Intels AMD64
chips that you can get quite a surprise when you look how real applications
run on them..

cheers,
Chris