[Beowulf] Benchmark between Dell Poweredge 1950 And 1435

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:14:43 PST 2007

Joshua,
Great thanks. That was clear and the takeaway is that I should pay attention
to the number of memory channels per core (which may be less than 1.0)
besides the number of cores and the RAM/core.

What is the "ncpu" column in Table 1 (for example)? Does the 4 refer to 4
cores, and the 1 and 2 cases don't use all the cores on the motherboard? Or
is "ncpu" an application parameter? I read it as "number of CPUs"? I noted
that the heart simulation didn't have an ncpu column, but that was why I
thought you had multiple nodes going.

Thanks very much,
Peter

P.S. and then where does the billiard cue go?