[Beowulf] Concurrently open sockets limit on Linux system

Galton, Simon galtons at aecl.ca
Sun Jun 17 14:37:46 PDT 2007

Mark -- more good thoughts!

Ulimit doesn't seem to be an issue here, and the darn thing is definitely
only holding open one connection per client (according to lsof, that is).

Interestingly, /proc/sys/fs/file-nr reports something odd:
	cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
	1605    0       65535

This suggests that there are 0 free allocated file descriptors.  I'm not
clear on the implications here.  I can certainly continue to open files on
this box, and make new remote connections via ssh...

Simon