[Beowulf] MPI performance gain with jumbo frames

Paulo Afonso Lopes pal at di.fct.unl.pt
Wed Jun 13 16:00:33 PDT 2007

I can report a decrease of circa 10% CPU use per GbE link in an IBM x335
(dual Xeon 2.6GHz) with on-board Broadcom NICs and SMC switch, when going
from standard 1500 to 9K frames on the netperf benchmark, at full
bandwidth (circa 80MB/s).

Best Regards,

paulo

--
Paulo Afonso Lopes                        | Tel: +351- 21 294 8536
Departamento de Informática               | 294 8300 ext.10763
Universidade Nova de Lisboa               | e-mail: pal at di.fct.unl.pt
2829-516 Caparica, PORTUGAL