[Beowulf] Survey about software upgrades

Olivier Crameri olivier.crameri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:04:41 PST 2007

(please apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message)

Hi all,

in the scope of our research project, we are currently building a
prototype infrastructure to simplify the software upgrade management
cycle.

In order to progress with our study, we are conducting a survey on the
common problems faced by system administrators regarding software
upgrades.

We would highly appreciate if you could help us in completing the
survey. This should not take you more than 10 to 15 minutes. The
survey can be found at this address:
http://survey.epfl.ch/?form=Soft_upgrade_survey

Note that our research project is a joint effort from two different
laboratories at EPFL (http://labos.epfl.ch and http://nsl.epfl.ch in
Switzerland). The project is not affiliated with or sponsored by any
commercial organization. We will share the survey results with the
practitioner and research communities through scientific papers.

Also, in order to recognize your effort in providing the testimony, we
will hold a lottery to select four winners who will each receive a $50
(50 american dollars) amazon.com gift certificate.

We thank you very much for your help,

With best regards,

Olivier Crameri,
Ph.D. Student