[Beowulf] picking out a job scheduler

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Jan 3 09:30:13 PST 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:59:47 -0500 (EST) "Robert G. Brown"
<rgb at phy.duke.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Glen Beane wrote:
>
> > If you are doing mostly MPI, I would strongly reccoment TORQUE (a
> > free, open source, OpenPBS fork with *many* enhancements).  I would
> > not reccoment OpenPBS, as Altair no longer updates it and hasn't
> > for quite some time.  TORQUE has great integration with mpich by
> > using mpiexec from Pete at
> > (http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/index.php).  LAM and OpenMPI have
> > native PBS (and TORQUE) support as well.
>
> FWIW (and to me it is worth a lot:-) torque appears to be in FC 6
> extras, ready to install and run.  This may or may not mean that FC is
> being used as (one of) its primary development/maintenance platform(s)
> -- this is often the case.  I'll have to give it a try along with
> condor and yes, ruby queue.

TORQUE packages have been available in Fedora Extras since April 2006.
Since then, versions have been built and pushed for Fedora Extras 3, 4,
5, and 6.  And if you run into any problems with the Fedora torque
packages then please create a Fedora bugzilla entry!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/