[Beowulf] NFS Read Errors

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Tue Dec 4 09:24:54 PST 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 at 8:54am, Michael H. Frese wrote

> From reading the man page on nfs on the systems with the 2.4 kernels, it
> looks like the default for an nfs mount is udp.  It also looks like tcp is
> not really an option until nfs v4, so it may be something to try on the 2.6
> kernels that I have on some of my newer machines at another site.

NFSv3 over TCP is the default for most modern distros (obviously this
rules out your setup ;).  I honestly don't remember if it was supported in
RH9 (I think it was, but that was many moons ago) but it'd be easy to
test.  Just add 'tcp' to the mount options in /etc/fstab and try the
mount.  If it's not supported, it won't work.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin