[Beowulf] Recommended paper for parallel sorting?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Dec 3 06:09:10 PST 2007

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007, Nelson Castillo wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Could you please recommend a paper for reading? I'd like to know about parallel
> sorting algorithms for this architecture.

You might check out Ian Foster's free online book on parallel
algorithms.  It is worth buying if you're going to be doing a lot of
parallel programming.  Or there are two or three other decent textbooks
on parallel programming at the algorithm level.  I don't recall offhand
if Foster covers sorting, but you can easily found out for free.

Remember, GIYF here -- just enter search strings like "Foster Parallel
Programming" to find his book, "Parallel Sorting Algorithms" or the like
too see if there is anything out there on the web.

    rgb

--
Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305