[Beowulf] Strange hardware? problems

Don Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Fri Apr 27 13:40:46 PDT 2007

Hi Orion,

I haven't used the S2882 Tyan boards per say but many other Tyan boards. It
sounds like you are having a memory problem on the 2882 and not on the
2882-D, they probably have different bios versions.

You didn't mention your memory configuration but if you have an older bios and
all the memory banks full with double rank memory you will probably need to
lower the memory clock manually

My first recommendation is check the bios. These kind of memory problems don't
always show up with memtest86+

Best of luck
-Don

--
Dr. Donald B. Kinghorn Parallel Quantum Solutions LLC
http://www.pqs-chem.com