[Beowulf] More cores/More processors/More nodes?

Mattijs Janssens m.janssens at opencfd.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 02:48:09 PDT 2006

You would use one thread per core (or even less) and use e.g. MPI to do the
communication. Any MPI transfer between cores on the same processor will
probably automatically be done using shared memory or some memory mapping
operation. Coding this explicitly (your 'mixed-mode' model) would gain you
nothing or very little.

Mattijs

--

Mattijs Janssens