[Beowulf] Most stable kernel for mpich2 cluster?

Li, Bo libo at buaa.edu.cn
Fri Oct 20 22:22:14 PDT 2006

Dear Panos,
IMHO, it is really a bad idea to use the newest kernel source. For kernel, the more stable; the better. For newer kernels,  some were updated for drivers and some were to remove some known bugs.
Try the latest stable and reliable kernel, now I would say 2.6.16.xx. If some hardware unsupported, try next one.
There may be any suggestions from others.
Regards,
Li, Bo