[Beowulf] Stress / torture test cluster hardware

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Sun Oct 8 01:12:46 PDT 2006

Nico Mittenzwey wrote:
> Dear Beowulf mailing list members,
>
> we are building a new Beowulf cluster at the moment. New hardware is
> arriving every day. Now we want to make certain that this hardware has
> no errors. Therefore we want to stress test them.

ps. We have our own test/stress rack for compute nodes.
Nodes are network booted, and put through a cycle of tests, such as
memtest etc.
I would suggest that you think about a similar setup yourself - network
booting is (almost) always superior to (for example) booting nodes from
a CD. You mention Stresslinux - this can be PXE booted.