[Beowulf] Node Drop-Off

Tim Moore twm at tcg-hsv.com
Sun Nov 12 13:13:53 PST 2006

Hello All -

I have a compute node that has started dropping off.  When I say drop
off, I mean the node (while running a job) will lose all connectivity
and the machine does not respond.  I have viewed the logs and can find
no reason for the node to cease functioning.  Let me state that this
behavior did not occur until after a processor upgrade, BIOS upgrade and
OS upgrade.  I went in to the BIOS and made a few changes that seemed to
prolong it even though its occurrence was mostly random.  If I leave the
node idle, it will run for days.

Has anyone ever seen such behavior?

Tim