[Beowulf] Invitation to participate: Industrial energy modeling (revised submission date)

Lorna Greening lgdoone at osoenergymodel.com
Fri May 26 08:20:27 PDT 2006

Dear colleague,

I would like to draw your attention to the announcement of a special issue
of Energy Economics on the Modeling of
Industrial Energy Consumption. Since industrial energy use accounts for
approximately one-third of the world's energy
consumption, understanding and forecasting this end-use is important for:
  --	planning for future world energy requirements;
  --	development of energy policy; and
  --	estimation of potential environmental impacts such as
                                  emissions of greenhouse gases.

The formal call for papers may be accessed through the following web
address:
<http://www.elsevier.com/authored_subject_sections/S04/S04_calls/eneco_modeling_industrial_energy_consumption.pdf>

We would like to invite you to consider submission to this hopefully
interesting and timely issue. If you are interested in submitting,
we would encourage you to contact a member of the editorial team at your
earliest convenience. The target date for submission has
been revised from the published call to July 1, 2006. If more flexibility
in timing is required, we need to know your firm interest and intent.

If you are unable to submit, but know of someone actively working in the
area, we'd very much appreciate it if you'd pass the 'call' on to them.

Thank you for your time in advance! And, please pardon the intrusion if you
have received this announcement previously.

Warmest regards,

Lorna Greening
Energy Economist
Los Alamos, New Mexico