Large FOSS filesystems, was Re: [Beowulf] 512 nodes Myrinet cluster Challanges

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Thu May 4 12:06:57 PDT 2006

I found reports that hint at that mirroring within LVM does exist but is
unstable.
Also there are reports of 2.6.9 kernel (rhel4,fc4,...) to corrupt data
with software raid1
and lvm on top of that.

Don't trust your data with it unless you did the experiment with a later
version and know
for sure it is safe.

Michael