[Beowulf] 512 nodes Myrinet cluster Challanges

David Kewley kewley at gps.caltech.edu
Mon May 1 13:10:15 PDT 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 13:37, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> With so many nodes i'd go for either infiniband or quadrics, assuming the
> largest partition also gets 512 nodes.
>
> Scales way better at so many nodes, as your software will need really a
> lot of communications as you'll probably need quite a lot of RAM for the
> applications at all nodes.

Vicent,

Are you saying that Infiniband and Quadrics scale way better at many nodes
than Myrinet does?  Can you describe this in more detail?  I've seen no
problems with scaling of 1024 nodes of Myrinet, and to the best of my
knowledge and belief the network hardware & software are designed to scale
very well.

David