[Beowulf] Static Compilation versus Dynamic Compilation

Ivan Silvestre Paganini Marin ivan at ifsc.usp.br
Thu Mar 23 10:51:38 PST 2006

Hello everybody at beowulf list. I am compiling my application using PGI
compilers for fortran 95, and some libraries, like fftw, lapack and
scalapack (from PGI or not, like ACML). I am curious to see if a static
compilated program is fastest than a dynamic one. Static has it's
advantages (I will be running this application on several nodes, so if
it is dynamic I will have to install the libraries on each node, etc),
but still don't know if it is fastest.
Does anybody has a clue?

Thank you.

Ivan Marin