[Beowulf] MPICH config: DCHP addresses and /etc/hosts?

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Sun Jul 30 10:37:51 PDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 at 6:02pm, Nathan Moore wrote

> Is there a workaround in /etc/hosts that allows only hostnames to be
> specified?  What is the proper format for /etc/hosts?  Alternatively, how
> should MPICH be configured for DHCP (rather than static IP)?

The first thing I'd try would be to ask the folks running DHCP for static
reservations for your cluster nodes.  Explain to them why it would be
helpful, and they should be able to accommodate you.  Then you could
simply fill in /etc/hosts appropriately.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering