[Beowulf] Reg: setting problem size in linpack

Vadivelan Rathinasabapathy r.vadivelanrhce at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 01:10:28 PST 2006

hi,

    I am using a 16 node cluster with RedHat Enterprise Linux AS4.0 on all
the servers with Rocks4.2.1 cluster s/w. I have compiled linpack and  want
to benchmark the server performance.
my setup is like this

 HP proliant DL585 with AMD opteron model 875 2.2 Ghz dual core, 20gb RAM
and 600GB SCSI hdd.
HP proliant DL 145G2 with AMD Opteron model 275 2.2Ghz Dual Core, 10GB RAM
and 80GB Sata HDD  = 16 nos.
 I am Using summit 400-24T gigabit ethernet switch

1)What is the total GFLOPS of each server, and as a total Cluster?
2) What is the FLOPS of each processor?
3) how to calculate the best problem size for any cluster configuration and
to this setup also?

--
Thanks and Regards

R.Vadivelan