[Beowulf] 'liquid cooled' racks

Daniel Kidger daniel.kidger at clearspeed.com
Wed Dec 6 04:20:35 PST 2006

In spite of many of the slides saying "ISR Propiatory and Confidential"
I did find this presentation on the web:

http://www.vita.com/cool/pres-2004/1430-tilton.pdf

see slide 11 for a photo of what they are doing.

Slide 18 implies there early market is for Defence systems - I guess getting
rid of hot air on a submarine is a bit tricky?

I am at a UK HPC Conference today (so is Greg L for that matter)
One of the speakers said he was evaluating Spraycool to retrofit to his
existing cluster.

So if these guys spray *downwards* on the chip - what is the risk of a blocked
tube causing the Flurinert to catch fire?

Daniel

Dr. Daniel Kidger, Technical Consultant, ClearSpeed Technology plc, Bristol,
UK
E: daniel.kidger at clearspeed.com
T: +44 117 317 2030
M: +44 7738 458742
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever." - Anonymous.