[Beowulf] Need Help about HPL...!

Daniel Kidger daniel.kidger at clearspeed.com
Tue Aug 22 06:37:15 PDT 2006

Kamran,

Well before you get too involved in Linpack itself,
can I suggest that you build software from a normal username and not
as-it-seems as the superuser 'root'

Ps. to build Linpack you also need:
  a) a Maths library to provide dgemm, dtrsm, etc. Typically this is MKL on
Intel platforms, ACML on AMD, or there are generic ones like the excellent
libgoto or ATLAS.
  b) an MPI library such as lam, mpich or similar

If you tell us the locations of these two, many people on this list would be
able to mail you a suitable Make.<arch> file

Daniel

Dr. Daniel Kidger, Technical Consultant, ClearSpeed Technology plc, Bristol,
UK
E: daniel.kidger at clearspeed.com
T: +44 117 317 2030
M: +44 7738 458742
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever." - Anonymous.