[Beowulf] Woodcrest Memory bandwidth

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Mon Aug 21 00:48:59 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:02:40AM -0400, Steffen Persvold wrote:

> Not if you're using a "non-polluting" store (like movntps), but I don't know
> if compilers are smart enough (they should be?).

We generate non-polluting stores at -O3 and higher when we see a loop
blowing out the cache. I don't think PGI ever does unless you flip a
special switch (which might reduce performance for programs which have
a combination of cache-friendly and not-cache-friendly behavior).  And
I don't recall what the Intel compiler does.

-- greg