[Beowulf] "Part-time" beowulf clusters

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Sep 22 10:12:02 PDT 2005

Hi Paulo:

   The "Beowulf-at-Night" (BaN) has been talked about and a few folks
have implemented it.   This is usually rebooting a windows machine into
a beowulf at a set time.  If you are using Linux now on the PCs, it is
fairly "easy" to do today with Condor, LSF, and a few other tools
(possibly the Moab kit).

Joe