[Beowulf] SC|05: will 10Ge beat IB?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pathscale.com
Sun Nov 27 14:01:41 PST 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 02:31:04PM +0100, Patrick Geoffray wrote:

> The only way to be able to feed that much data will be to be on the
> motherboard, through an HT connection or directly on the memory bus. Not
> commodity anymore,

I'm not sure what your definition of commodity is, then -- by mid-1st
quarter there will be 3 2-socket and 2 4-socket Opteron motherboards
with HTX slots available, from commodity motherboard vendors, with an
extremely modest price premium. Heck, since Myricom has announced that
they're working on an HT attached NIC, we figured you were going to
target HTX...

-- greg