[Beowulf] A Cluster of Motherboard.

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Thu Nov 10 11:08:25 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 10:10:38AM -0800, Jim Lux wrote:

> There IS a faster way, for a bare system approach.  Use double sided sticky
> foam tape.  Plenty strong, it will last 2 or 3 years.

Ah, I hadn't thought or heard of that before.  At 1/4" thick, the 3M
urethane foam tape # 4004 looks promising, but there are many
different foam tapes.  Do you happen to know which would work best
(aka, which have you seen successfully used)?

Also, can you get this stuff off somehow if you need to?  Off of an
aluminum sheet, or off the back of the motherboard?

  http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6015.asp
  http://www.m-source.com/EDS/foam.html
  http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/manufacturing_industry/engineered_adhesives/node_GSMNRGC5GVbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_WHG0MWH6QPge/gvel_P7N7FQKWNXgl/theme_us_adhesivetape_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

--
Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>
http://www.piskorski.com/