[Beowulf] backbone of a large-file streaming system

Nick I clusterbuilder at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:34:41 PST 2005

Hi,

I help maintain a Web site at
www.clusterbuilder.org<http://www.clusterbuilder.org/>.
You might have seen before that I have a section called Ask the Cluster
Expert, where I am building a knowledgebase of cluster and grid information.
When someone asks a question I am researching the answer to build this
knowledgebase out. I received the following question:

*"I am looking for a variety of solutions to be a backbone of a large-file
streaming system providing thousands of concurrent download streams.
Preferably commodity hardware and Linux, though I'm open to commercial
solutions."*

I am wondering if anyone here has suggestions of what applications will work
best for this type of setup. You can respond to the question at
www.clusterbuilder.org/FAQ
<http://www.clusterbuilder.org/FAQ>or respond in email.

Thanks,
Nick