[Beowulf] standards for GFLOPS / power consumption measurement?

Timothy Bole tbole1 at umbc.edu
Tue May 10 11:59:23 PDT 2005

Robert:
your point is well made, and understood.  perhaps i should have included a
disclaimer stating that i wasn't *actually* advocating building a cluster
out of 386's to compete in GFLOP space with any new cluster.  the point i
was making was that it isn't fair to compare _construction cost_ per GFLOP
on machines constructed using parts that magical fairies are handing out
for free.  if you read Vincent's original post, he mentiones buying used
parts and getting network parts for free and comparing the construction
cost per GFLOP to KRONOS, kind of defeating the purpose of the article.

cheers,
twb

reply-to: valencequark at umbc.edu

http://www.beowulf.org