[Beowulf] CFP: I-SPAN 2005

Roy S.C. Ho scho at cs.hku.hk
Mon May 9 21:55:11 PDT 2005

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

The 8th International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms,
and Networks
December 7-9, 2005, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Organized by:
============
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
and the Center for the Advanced Study of Algorithms (CASA)

Scope of symposium
==================
The International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms, and
Networks (I-SPAN) is a forum for scientists, engineers, and practitioners
throughout the world to exchange ideas and research results related to the
design, use, analysis, and application of parallel architectures,
algorithms, networks, and internet technology.

The first seven symposia were held:
o I-SPAN 1994: in Kanazawa, Japan, on December 14-16, 1994
o I-SPAN 1996: in Beijing, China, on June 12-14, 1996
o I-SPAN 1997: in Taipei, Taiwan, on December 18-20, 1997
o I-SPAN 1999: in Perth/Freemantle, Australia, on June 23-25, 1999
o I-SPAN 2000: in Dallas/Richardson, Texas, USA, on December 7-9, 2000
o I-SPAN 2002: in Manila, the Philippines, on May 23-25, 2002
o I-SPAN 2004: in Hong Kong on May 10-12, 2004

The 8th I-SPAN symposium will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, on
December 7-9, 2005.  Las Vegas is a city that has something for everyone.
While you are here, make sure to see all the great attractions the city of
Las Vegas has to offer. Recognized all over the world, our famous Strip is
where tourists can enjoy a walk in the warm desert evening, or take a
stroll downtown and view a dazzling light show that spans an entire street
- the Fremont Street Experience. You can also get a glimpse of amazing
world famous re-creations like erupting volcanoes, the Eiffel Tower and
the Sphinx of Egypt. Las Vegas offers top quality entertainment,
attractions, shopping and world-renowned resorts. Las Vegas nightlife will
keep you up until dawn and art displays, music and museums take you on a
journey from the classic to the contemporary. Downtown Las Vegas offers an
energetic display of color with a bit of nostalgia and a glimpse of the
future.

I-SPAN 2005 will include keynote addresses, invited/contributed papers,
workshops, and special sessions on on-going projects on high-performance
computing and/or communications. The symposium will have four tracks:
o Algorithms and Applications
o Architectures and Systems
o Networks and Communications
o Internet technology

Relevant topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
o Applications of Parallel Processing (including web applications,
  peer to peer computing, grid computing and scientific applications)
o ATM Architecture and Networks
o Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
o Compilers and Optimizations for Parallel Processing
o Database and Data Mining
o Fault Tolerance Issues and Systems
o Intelligent Networks
o Interconnection Networks
o Internet and WWW Measurement, Mapping and Modeling
o Internet Technology and Applications
o Multicasting and Broadcasting Issues
o Multimedia Networking
o Network Routing and Communication Algorithms (wired, wireless, ad-hoc,
  etc.)
o Network Security Applications
o Parallel and Network Computing and Algorithms
o Parallel Architecture and Processing Systems
o Scientific and High Performance Computing
o Telecommunication Network Design and Optimization
o VLSI Network Design
o Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing

Important Dates for Authors
===========================
Workshop Proposal Submissions	  : September 1, 2005
Deadline for Submission of Papers : July 1, 2005
Notification of Acceptance	  : September 1, 2005
Camera Ready Manuscript Due	  : October 1, 2005
Advanced Registration for Authors : October 1, 2005
For further information please send e-mail to:  bein @ cs.unlv.edu

Submission Guidelines
=====================
Please submit your complete paper(s) to the Program Committee Vice-Chair
(VC) whose track is most relevant to your paper's subject.  If you are not
sure or your paper has a cross-track nature, send the paper to the Program
Committee Chair. Authors are invited to submit 10-page extended abstracts
by 5:00pm EDT, July 1, 2005 and must submit through the SIGACT electronic
submission server. A detailed description of the electronic submission
process is available at
http://sigact.acm.org/ispan05/author_resources.html. The results presented
in the paper must be unpublished and not submitted for publication
elsewhere, including the proceedings of other conferences or workshops.
One author of each accepted paper will be expected to present the paper at
the conference. The proceedings of the conference and the workshops will
be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press.

Chairs/Committees
=================

General Chair
-------------
Wolfgang W. Bein
School of Computer Science
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Email: bein @ cs.unlv.edu

Program Committee Co-Chairs
---------------------------

Francis Y.L. Chin
Department of Computer Science
University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Email: chin @ cs.hku.hk

Michael A. Palis
Department of Computer Science
Rutgers University, Camden, NJ, USA
Email: palis @ crab.rutgers.edu

Program Committee Vice-Chairs
-----------------------------

Algorithms and Applications
Friedhelm Meyer auf der Heide
Heinz Nixdorf Institute & Computer Science Dept
University of Paderborn, Germany
Email: fmadh @ uni-paderborn.de

Architecture and Systems
Susumu Horiguchi
Department of Computer Science
Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Email: susumu @ ecei.tohoku.ac.jp

Networks and Communications
Isaac Scherson
Department of Information and Computer Science
University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Email: isaac @ ics.uci.edu

Internet Technology
Chung-Ta King
Department of Computer Science
National Tsing Hua University, Hsin-chu, Taiwan, ROC
Email: king @ cs.nthu.edu.tw

Workshop Co-Chairs
------------------

Hal Sudborough
Department of Computer Science
Eric Jonsson School of Engineering & Computer Science
University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, USA
Email: hal @ utdallas.edu

Francis C.M. Lau
Department of Computer Science
University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Email: fcmlau @ cs.hku.hk

Local Chair
-----------
Lawrence L. Larmore
School of Computer Science
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Email: larmore @ cs.unlv.edu

Organizing Committee
--------------------

Wolfgang W. Bein
School of Computer Science
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Email: bein @ cs.unlv.edu
D. Frank Hsu
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
Fordham University, New York, USA
Email: hsu @ cis.fordham.edu

Oscar H. Ibarra
Department of Computer Science
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Email: ibarra @ cs.ucsb.edu

International Program Committee
-------------------------------

Yeh-Ching Chung, National Tsing Hua Univ., Taiwan, ROC
Jean-Luc Dekeyser, Universite de Lille, France
Arjan Durresi, Louisiana State University, USA
Omer Egecioglu, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
Thomas Fahringer, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Guang R. Gao, University of Delaware, USA
Vladimir Getov, University of Westminster, UK
Dr. Dan Grigoras, University College, Cork, Ireland
Minyi Guo, University of Aizu, Japan
Kei Hiraki, Tokyo University, Japan
Tsan-sheng Hsu, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, ROC
Clinton L. Jeffery, New Mexico State University, USA
Hai Jin, Huazhong Univ. of Science and Technology, China
Daniel S. Katz, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA
Myung Kim, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Chin-Laung Lei, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, ROC
Jie Li, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Yamin Li, Hosei University, Japan
Yen-Chun Lin, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, ROC
Teo Yong Meng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Christine Morin, IRISA/INRIA- Rennes, France
Koji Nakano, Hiroshima University, Japan
Alex Nicolau, University of California, Irvine, USA
John Noga, California State University, Northridge, USA
Andrea Pietrecaprina, University of Padova, Italy
Rajmohan Rajaraman, Northeastern University, USA
Omer F. Rana, Cardiff University, UK
Ruediger Reischuk, Universitaet zu Luebeck, Germany
Rizos Sakellariou, University of Manchester, UK
Christian Scheideler, Johns Hopkins University, USA
Christian Schindelhauer, University of Paderborn, Germany
Peter Schulthess, Universitat Ulm, Germany
Assaf Schuster, Technion, Israel
Hong Shen, JAIST, Kanazawa, Japan
Steve Tate, University of North Texas, USA
Andrei Tchernykh, CICESE Research Center, Mexico
Alexandre Tiskin, University of Warwick, UK
Philippas Tsigas, Chalmers University, Sweden
Cho-li Wang, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Jia-Shung Wang, National Tsing Hua Univ., Taiwan, ROC
Massafumi Yamashita, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hyun-Soo Yoon, KAIST, Korea
Albert Y. Zomaya, University of Sydney, Australia