[Beowulf] OT: [Job] high performance programming (fwd from iano at apple.com)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri May 6 01:36:57 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Ian Ollmann <iano at apple.com> -----

From: Ian Ollmann <iano at apple.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 15:17:04 -0700
To: scitech at lists.apple.com
Subject: [Job] high performance programming

Since I mentioned earlier that we didn't have enough time to get vDSP
up for ppc64, I thought I would in addition suggest one way that you
can do something about it.

Apple is hiring.

If you're good, really good, you might be the one to help us make
sure that key features like these get delivered to the right people
when they should!

Ian

Apple job #: 2238839 -- for individuals with great programming
techniques and performance minded mindset

High performance and Numerics engineer position for Mac OS X math
library development.

The ideal candidate would poses excellent understanding and working
knowledge of the Numerics Standard, processor specific hand tuning of
BLAS and LAPACK along with processor architecture background.

Typical Responsibilities Include

 o Design and implement specific numerics routines for a scalar and
a vector processor,
 o Be Familiar with ATLAS BLAS and its generation of high
performance computational kernels,
 o Hand tune BLAS and LAPACK routines for specific processors,
 o Write and port processor specific FPU and vector validation and
verification suites,
 o Help in resolving compiler performance bottlenecks with concrete
solutions,
 o Vectorize the compute intensive parts of Mac OS X and its
embedded technologies.

Skills, Education and Experience Required

 o Performance programming experience,
 o knowledge of HPC, ATLAS BLAS and LAPACK
 o Detailed knowledge of the IEEE-754 Numerics Standard,
 o Solid C and assembly programming skills,
 o Working grasp of ISO C99 Numerics requirement,
 o PhD in Computer science or equivalent experience,
 o Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on
tight schedules,
 o Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities,
 o A track record of shipping products.

Keywords

 IEEE-754 Numerics, C99, Vector Architecture, FPU, Unix, Assembly
Language, LAPACK, BLAS, ATLAS.

 Apple is recommitted to its original mission  - better computers
that make a difference.
 Come join us to think different, have fun, and be part of the
adventure!

https://jobs.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Employment.woa