[Beowulf] Re: vectors vs. loops

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu May 5 12:00:24 PDT 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Jim Lux wrote:

> >with the chickens the same money would buy.  Not to mention the risk of
> >mad oxen disease...
>
> would that not be "Mad Ox Disease"? <grin>  But Avian flu is much more
> contagious than Max Ox, so it might wipe out your flock. Perhaps 5%-10%

> have to do on occasion) is tedious and slow.  Why can't we all just program
> little Rabbit Semiconductor superZ80's running  uCOS?
> (http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/)

Sheesh, first Oxen, then chickens (which should really have been
penguins as was recently pointed out to me by JH), and now rabbits?
Good model, though -- we know how fast THEY multiply.

Besides, as Mark pointed out the traditional metaphor is cars.

Now I'm going to go tend my muttons before everybody reading this thread
runs like lemmings into the sea.

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu