LOFAR BlueGene/L was Re: [Beowulf] Re: vectors vs. loops

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 4 14:59:17 PDT 2005

At 02:38 PM 5/4/2005, Toon Moene wrote:

>We *will* use the LOFAR BlueGene/L machine (www.lofar.org) for research,
>though - it's hard to resist free machine time; we've plenty of things we
>want to find out given unlimited resources :-)

How fascinating that LOFAR is using a cluster for phased array
processing.  That ties in quite nicely with my research work (which is
basically trying to do the same thing, except in space). I'm faced with
many of the problems that LOFAR is, namely the need to self calibrate the
well as entertaining.

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075