[Beowulf] What kind of I/O benchmark ?

Velu Erwan erwan at seanodes.com
Wed Mar 23 04:16:19 PST 2005

Hi folks,
I'm searching the best way to stress a storage system but using some
real applications. I mean, using some bonnie++, Iozone, b_eff_io
benchmarks could give some raw performances about what your storage
infrastructure is able to provide.

Some benchmarks like mpi-tile-io seems starting another way by trying to
match what could be the "real" performance of your storage regarding a
kind of application (visualization for mpi-tile-io).

Does other people are working on such kind of application oriented
benchmark ?

I was heard that some BLAST code could be used for such use, does some
of you follow this way of validating/benchmarking clusters ?