[Beowulf] Quasi-Non-Von-Neumann hardware in a Beowulf cluster.

Omri Schwarz ocschwar at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 9 21:07:01 PST 2005

The Ageia.com physics processing unit's marketing literature seems
so oriented to gaming that I wonder if they would open their API
enough for people in our  market niche could look at it and whether
it is suitable for putting in clusters. But if they did, what do y'all
think? Would specialty  (albeit commodity) coprocessors hanging off a
PCI slot be suitable for your applications?

http://ageia.com

While I'm bringing this up, how about things like the  MAP
processor?

http://www.srccomp.com/HardwareElements.htm#MAPProcessor