[Beowulf] 2.6.11 is out; with InfiBand support

Don Holmgren djholm at fnal.gov
Thu Mar 3 06:58:33 PST 2005

I was just quoted quantity 2 PCI-X HCA's (4x 2 port Mellanox) by a
reseller for $655 each.  Last Fall we purchased a large quantity of
PCI-E HCA's for considerably less than that unit price.

Supposedly the "memory free" PCI-E HCA's that use host memory, rather
than on-board sram, should move prices towards $100 sometime this
year - we'll see (landed on motherboard pricing at ~ $70, see
   http://www.mellanox.com/news/press/pr_030105.html)

Like other high performance network gear, it's tough to get
accurate pricing information without going out and getting quotes.

Don Holmgren