[Beowulf] password-less "rsh"

Pete Nevill peter at nevill69.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 16:34:23 PDT 2005

I am trying to put a cluster together but seem to have fallen at the
first hurdle. A key part of the cluster set up is for the master node to
be able to communicate and run processes on the slave nodes. One way I
have seen to do this is to use the "rsh" command. Unfortunately I am
unable to get this to work in a "password-less" way, actually cannot
connect one node to the other using "rsh" without getting a connection
refused or unable to authenticate
"Trying krb4 rlogin...
krb_sendauth failed: You have no tickets cached"

Security is not an issues as none of the nodes will not be connected to
the Internet. only the master node for which the slave nodes do not need
to logon to. I have change "disabled = no" in the /etc/xinted.d/rsh and
telnet files. There is no firewall up, host.deny is empty and so is
hosts.allow. I have added the machine names to .rhosts and hosts.equiv
but still no joy. Any help or advice would be much appreciate. I am
pulling my hair out over what should be a very simple thing.

Thanks,

Pete.
P.S. I am using 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4