[Beowulf] New HPCC results, and an MX question

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pathscale.com
Wed Jul 20 13:58:57 PDT 2005

> >To give you an example, look at the Quadrics reported numbers for
> >random ring latency of 11.4568 usec and average ping-pong of 1.552
> >usec. This is on a 2-cpu node (I think). I'd bet that most of this
> >difference has nothing to do with machine size. But I'd be happy to be
> >proven wrong.
>
> I would think 1.5 is shared memory in this case

Patrick,

That's too high, if you look at the "minimum ping pong" of 0.937 usec,
that is their shared memory number. (The Quadrics guys are a lot
smarter than 1.5!)

> I prefer benchmarking real codes, and we will publish that, but 10G is
> taking most of my time these days (got to get something for you to
> compare against).

I'll look forward to it. We've published several application
benchmarks for you to compare to; a whitepaper is linked at the bottom
of: http://pathscale.com/infinipath-perf.html

-- greg