[Beowulf] dual core intel/amd

Art Edwards edwardsa at afrl.kirtland.af.mil
Sat Apr 30 08:32:37 PDT 2005

I'd be a little careful about disparaging performance for normal tasks.
Would increased performance lead to better voice recognition? If so,
then the standard word processors would be replaced by really nice
dictation machines. You may find that many of the applications like
calendars, and data bases would suddenly take advantage of great
graphics. Internet applications may become virtual experiences. These
are just simple examples of the historic trend toward greater
functionallity that everyone will want when higher performance becomes
the norm.

Art Edwards