[Beowulf] Cluster for Finite Element Analysis

Ghanta Srinivasa Srinivasa.Ghanta at gknsintermetals.com
Fri Apr 22 14:09:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am beginner and just started to learn about cluster technology. My goal is
to build a cluster that could be used for FEA ultimately.  I have searched
the web and it confused me more on how to do this. I was advised that this
was a good place to ask questions and I would be getting some real help.

1. Did anybody built a cluster for FEA application?

2. What type of cluster should I select for FEA ?

3. What Clustering software and other software packages should I be
considering?

4. What are my minimum hardware requirements?

5. Is there a set procedure on how I could proceed in building this cluster?

Any advice on this issue will be of great help. Thank you for taking time to
help me out

Regards

Srini