[Beowulf] /. Cooler room or cooler servers?

David Kewley kewley at gps.caltech.edu
Mon Apr 11 09:58:01 PDT 2005

Sean Dilda wrote on Monday 11 April 2005 06:24:
> David Kewley wrote:
> > Scuse me?  Our Dell PE1850s come with (dual-capable) 550W power supplies,
> > yes, but in our configuration, a Dell engineer used a Dell configuration
> > tool to calculate that the maximum POSSIBLE power dissipation was 361W.
> > The implication was that typical max power dissipation would be a fair
> > bit below that.
>
> Do you know if its possible to get that configuration tool from somewhere?

My best recall is that it was still being developed when I heard about it
(January), and wasn't released yet.  But perhaps it's Dell-internal-only, or
perhaps it's released by now, I'm not sure.  If you have a good sales rep,
it's probably your best bet to ask them.  Perhaps a cluster rep would know
best, since that's where power questions might come up most.

David