[Beowulf] Using VMWare and Beowulf to create one very large machine

Jon Spriggs jon.spriggs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 03:29:22 PDT 2005

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've been playing with the idea of
using Beowulf to create the "hardware" that VMWare (or something
similar) will run on top of to have a very (or slightly - depending on
the number of machines in play) fast machine with lots of RAM and Hard
Disk Space, which can expand or contract depending on the number of
workstations that are running.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm prepared to do some leg-work
to get it ready, but I'm also aware that my knowledge of Linux is
usually just about enough to work out why my network card isn't
working, and to sometimes be able to mount a USB device!

So... any suggestions or comments?

--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs