Re:[Beowulf] Compiling HPL

jack at crepinc.com jack at crepinc.com
Mon Apr 4 06:46:03 PDT 2005

Hello again,

I did what you said and went through the Makefile and fixed the paths.
(I don't know why I didn't think to do that). Then, I got another error
message of the same sort, basically saying the /home/jack/hpl....blah
was messed up. I took that to mean that the paths were still wrong. It
referenced ./src/auxil/Linux_PII_CBLAS/Makefile, so I copyed my normal
makefile (/usr/local/hpl/Make.Linux_PII_CBLAS) to that file. Then, when
I tryed to recompile, I get this:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/hpl/src/auxil/Linux_PII_CBLAS'
/usr/bin/gcc -o HPL_dlacpy.o -c  -DHPL_CALL_CBLAS
-I/usr/local/hpl/include -I/usr/local/hpl/include/Linux_PII_CBLAS
/usr/local/lam-7.1.1/share/include -fomit-frame-pointer -O3
-funroll-loops  ../HPL_dlacpy.c
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Have I royally screwed everything up?

Thanks a lot,

-Jack Carrozzo
http://www.crepinc.com/