[Beowulf] RE: MB standoffs

Isaac Dooley idooley at isaacdooley.com
Mon Sep 27 13:28:06 PDT 2004

I've always assumed that this is due to the all metal cases being a
faraday cage to keep EM radiation in/out of the computer. That is why it
would make sense to ground the MB to this cage. But you can get by
somehow without cases. That is what Google does with thousands of
machines(or so I hear). There are lots of articles on the net about EM
shielding, especially for Audio devices(preamplifiers, instruments, etc.).