[Beowulf] Beowulf Application in the Sciences

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Thu Sep 23 12:12:49 PDT 2004

I would love to read something about currently available fast interconnects
from different vendors. (i.e. Infiniband from Infinicon, Mellanox, Voltaire, ...)
and how they are supported by the various beowulf distributions (Rocks, Scyld, ...)
together with a backgrounder on OpenIB and on which applications require a
lot of interprocess communication. (FFT...).

Sounds like a ressource intensive research task though ;-)

Michael Will