[Beowulf] Beowulf Application in the Sciences

Kozin, I (Igor) I.Kozin at dl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 03:13:56 PDT 2004

Hi Timo,

there is a number of applications in chemistry which can
run on clusters. Usually they are either free or the fee is
nominal for academics but the registration is typically required.
There are commercial applications too e.g. GAUSSIAN.

Not exhaustive list:
CMPD, CHARMM, GAMESS-US and GAMESS-UK, MOLPRO, GAUSSIAN,
DL_POLY, NAMD, CRYSTAL, AIMPRO, CASTEP, NWChem, H2MOL, PFARM.

Plus there are many engineering applications but my feeling
is that these tend to be more commercial for obvious reasons.
Also there are environmental models like POLCOMS or weather
prediction models.

Hope it helps.

Indeed it would be quite interesting if other people post
lists of other popular applications.

Igor Kozin

Computational Science & Engineering Dept.
CCLRC Daresbury Laboratory, UK

i. kozin at dl.ac.uk
http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/disco